Longwood 1860 - 1861

140 Lower Woodville Rd.

  • The largest octagonal house in America
  • Construction was halted by the Civil War
  • Original Furnishings and tools intact
  • National Historic Landmark

Stanton Hall 1857

  • Palatial Greek Revival antebellum residence
  • Furnished with period antiques and original Stanton Family pieces
  • Delicate arched millwork in hall and parlors
  • National Historic Landmark

Rosalie 1820

  • Located on the Mississippi River bluff near the site of the massacre of the Natchez Indians
  • Union headquarters during the Civil War
  • National Historic Landmark

The Burn 1832

  • One of Natchez’s most significant purely Greek Revival homes
  • Terraced gardens with over 100 heirloom camellias and azaleas
  • Setting for the novel Pilgrimage, A Tale of Old Natchez

Linden 1800

1 Conner Circle ~ The Feltus Family

  • Occupied by the same family since 1849
  • Richly detailed Federal doorway
  • All windows open to gracious front and back galleries
  • This tour is not available during December

Concord Quarters 1820

  • Concord Quarters survives to tell the story of the lesser known story of African Americans who labored under enslavement to produce the cotton wealth of Natchez and to operate the mansion estates of wealthy planters
  • An occupied lightly remolded 1820’s Slave Quarter
  • Concord Mansion Built 1794-95 and burned in 1901
  • Concord Quarters remains to interpret its significant Spanish history and to tell the story of Governor Manuel Gayoso and “the golden age” of Spanish Natchez
  • The grandest building of the Natchez colonial period (1716-1798) was Concord

Dunleith 1856

  • Original Building dated back to the 1790’s and was destroyed by fire
  • Original Zuber wallpaper
  • Greek Revival design with both 26 Tuscan columns and porches surrounding the entire building on the first and second floors

Lansdowne 1853

17 Marshall Road ~ The Marshall Family

  • Occupied by descendants of the original builder; on land owned by family since the 1780’s
  • Original furnishings
  • Original Zuber wallpaper

Monmouth 1818

  • 26 acres of manicured gardens
  • John Quitman was Monmouth’s most prominent occupant
  • Originally built in the Federal style as a brick two-story with a wide central hall with four rooms located off the hall on both floors, the house was renovated in 1853 in the fashionable Greek Revival style.

Hawthorne 1814

23 Hawthorne Pl. at Lower Woodville Rd.

  • Four identical elliptical fanlight doorways
  • Magnificent live oaks and park like grounds
  • Family heirlooms and Natchez-made antiques

Oak Hill 1835

  • Federal & Greek Revival architecture
  • Empire Furnishings, Old Paris porcelains
  • Zuber wallpaper and historic textiles

Auburn 1812

400 Duncan Avenue at Auburn Avenue
City of Natchez

  • Home of the first Mississippi Attorney General
  • Established this style of columned portico in the South
  • Freestanding spiral staircase
  • National Historic Landmark

Magnolia Hall 1858

215 S. Pearl St. at Washington St.
The Natchez Garden Club

  • Greek Revival style building
  • Historic clothing museum on the second floor
  • Also know as the Henderson-Britton house

Choctaw Hall 1836

310 N. Wall St. ~ David P. Garner & Lee Glover

  • Transitional Style from Federal to Greek Revival
  • Furnished with William IV and Early American Empire
  • Collections of signed Jacob Petit French Porcelain and Family Silver
  • Exceptional late-Federal staircase

Melrose 1848

  • 15,000 square foot interior with many original furnishings
  • Greek Revival exterior
  • Landscaped park setting with formal gardens