Located on the Mississippi River bluff near the site of the massacre of the Natchez Indians, now a National Historic Landmark, this home was a Union headquarters during the Civil War.
YEAR-ROUND: LONGWOOD MANSION CIRCA 1860 – 1861
- Longwood’s Year-Round Tours begin every 30 minutes. Tourists may arrive anytime between the first tour at 9:00 AM and the last tour at 4:30 PM.
- Adult Ages 18 & Older
- Youth Ages 13-17
- Child Ages 12 & under
LONGWOOD YEAR-ROUND TOURS
Come explore the largest octagonal Mansion in America and learn about the events that halted its construction. It’s a fascinating house full of unique history.
- The largest octagonal house in America
- Construction was halted by the Civil War
- Original furnishings and tools still intact
- Beautiful walking grounds
- National Historic Landmark
- Owned and beautifully maintained by The Pilgrimage Garden Club