GREEN LEAVES c. 1838
Green Leaves is available for tours on the dates listed below:
- September 25, 29
- October 3, 7, 11, 15, 19
- Adults Ages 13+
- Children Ages 12 & under
FALL PILGRIMAGE: GREEN LEAVES c. 1838
Completed in 1838, Green Leaves is situated on over an acre of stunning grounds. Occupied by the Koontz-Beltzhoover family since 1849, the carefully preserved house, furnishings, and historic gardens make it one of America’s most valuable documents of mid nineteenth century taste. The house features 3 generations of family portraits and cabinets full of family treasures, from miniatures to firearms. See original carpet, wallpaper, and furniture from the 1800s. The fifth generation of the Green Leaves family welcomes you, please come be our guests!
- Extensive collections from six generations of family history including heirlooms, fine portraits, and historically significant documents and letters
- Stroll through the rear courtyard and enjoy the over 400 year old live oak tree that spreads a green canopy over lush gardens
- The historic Gardens include an heirloom Camellia collection featuring numerous varieties from over 200 original plantings that were carefully recorded by family members
- Beautiful set of hand painted Bird China, originally over 500 pieces, and once attributed to John James Audubon by the National Geographic Magazine
- See our sword from the battle of Waterloo that has been used for several generations to cut wedding cakes!