As the home of the first Mississippi Attorney General, this National Historic Landmark established the style of the columned portico in the South and boasts a freestanding spiral staircase.
YEAR-ROUND: THE HOUSE ON ELLICOTT HILL CIRCA 1798
The House on Ellicott Hill’s Year-Round tours are only available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The only tour times offered are 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on those days.
- Adult Ages 18+
- Student Ages 7-17
- Child Ages 6 and under
THE HOUSE ON ELLICOTT HILL’S
See the house where Andrew Ellicott raised the American flag as an act of defiance against Spain in 1797. Discover the other impressive facts and features of the house.
- Also known as Connelly’s Tavern
- Last remaining 18th-century Merchants house on Canal Street
- The American flag was raised here in 1797 by Andrew Ellicott in defiance of Spain
- House is in the West Indies style
- Owned and beautifully maintained by The Natchez Garden Club