Historically known for good times and luxury, in Natchez you’ll find quintessential regional fare and cutting edge Southern cuisine. From Carriage House Fried Chicken and tiny Biscuits, Pig Out Barbecue, Mammy’s Cupboard Caramel Banana Pie, Biscuits and Blues Crawfish Nacho’s to King’s Tavern Chicken Pot Pie with Bacon-Thyme Biscuit Crust, Cotton Alley’s homemade cakes, the selection in Natchez is endless…
Chicken and Biscuits
Chicken and Waffles
The Carriage House Restaurant, located behind The Stanton Hall Mansion
410 North Commerce Street
Served every Thursday, starting July 11th until December 26th
Open Hours 11:00 am till 2:00 pm
Come and enjoy our Chef’s Southern Cooking “Chicken and Waffles” Locals favorite!
This tender, crispy Chicken combined with our sweet-savory Waffle will make your mouth water. Guaranteed you will want to come back for more!
The Carriage House
401 High Street
Open from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm
Two for one Mimosas – All Summer long!!!
Join us at the Famous Carriage House Restaurant Saturday’s, for delightful lunch and two for one MIMOSAS!
(arranged for a minimum of 25 guests)
Begin your tour at Historic Stanton Hall at 5:00pm with a glass of champagne. After a leisurely tour, walk over to the Carriage House for a scrumptious dinner prepared for you by Chef Bingo Starr.
$55 per person
Please phone Genny W. Harrison at Natchez Pilgrimage Tours to book a reservation at 601-445-4420
The Carriage House Restaurant
Long famous for its Southern cuisine, The Carriage House Restaurant has been the site of many memorable weddings, rehearsal dinners, receptions, and parties since 1946. In days past, folks clamored for the fried chicken and buttery silver dollar-sized biscuits. Fried chicken and biscuits are still favorites at The Carriage House, but thanks to Chef Alizabeth Ruth Blackmon, the menu is delightfully varied. The Carriage House offers a Blue Plate Special Wednesday through Friday. The specials themselves vary from month to month and include soup, salad, and sandwich specials, Southern comfort food, and fresh Gulf seafood.
Sunday Brunch is an incredibly arrayed buffet that not only features our world-famous fried chicken, but also specialties like Poached Salmon, Crawfish Etouffee, and Thai Curry Shrimp Bisque.
The Carriage House also carries a regular menu of salads, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts.
For more information: 601-445-4420 or email@example.com
(arranged for a minimum of 20 guests)
Join 8th and 9th generation descendants of the family that first lived on this property in the 1780s and built the present house in 1853. Enjoy their famed hospitality as you dine amidst lavish original furnishings and hear 230 years of Natchez history as experienced by this family.
Cooking Classes with Chef Regina Charboneau
(arranged for a minimum of 8 guests)
Chef Regina Charboneau known for her San Francisco restaurants returned to her native Natchez in 2001 and purchased the historic home Twin Oaks, circa 1832, where she has six guest rooms on the property. She offers cooking classes at Twin Oaks and some of the best hospitality in the South. As Julia Reed wrote about Regina, “I’ve returned to Twin Oaks many times for infusions of what those of us lucky enough to be in Regina’s orbit all refer to as “Biscuit Love”- which is also a metaphor for her great company, innate graciousness and bottomless generosity. I would happily follow Regina up and down the Mississippi for an extended dose of her hospitality and her inventive and always superb cooking”.
Chef Regina carves out a few weekends a year to host her cooking class weekends at Twin Oaks. It is a lively weekend in Regina’s home town of historic Natchez. You will get the entire flavor of Natchez followed by a personal class and dinner with Chef Regina in her home, Twin Oaks. There are six guest rooms on the grounds of Twin Oaks. Classes are limited to 12 guests based on 2 guests per room.
- Check into Twin Oaks on Friday between 2-4
- Tour of Charboneau Rum Distillery 6:30
- Tasting Dinner at Regina’s Restaurant – King’s Tavern with Chef Regina
- You will be provided tickets to Historic Longwood and Stanton Hall to tour on your schedule. You will have Saturday free to explore Natchez and enjoy the sights. Lunch at Biscuits and Blues is recommended.
- Saturday at 5 we will gather at Twin Oaks. We will begin with a cocktail and tour, then get to the kitchen. Chef Regina will guide you through the preparation of five dishes. You will learn her technique for flakey butter biscuit dough and more of her Southern specialties. We end up in the candlelit main dining room for dinner, wine and lively conversation.
- Peppered Oysters on Toast
- Pork Belly Pot Pie with Bacon-Thyme Biscuit Crust
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Cauliflower & Peas
- with Caper Mustard Vinaigrette
- Red Fish Creole Courtbouillion
- Quail with Smoked Bacon & Port-Anise Reduction
- with Corn Puddings stuffed with Greens
- Chocolate Orange Bread Pudding with Caramelized Sugar Sauce
- Pricing based on 2 guests per room $475. Per person all inclusive
- Pricing based on 1 guest per room $595. Per person all inclusive
- Extra night stay may be added at a rate of $129.