LONGWOOD c. 1860 – 1861
Longwood is available for tours daily. The first tour begins at 9:00 AM and the last tour begins at 4:30 PM.
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 13-17
- Children Ages 12 & under
FALL PILGRIMAGE: LONGWOOD c. 1860 – 1861
Designed for Haller and Julia Nutt, Longwood stands five stories high and retains many original furnishings. When construction halted, the Nutt family moved into the nine-room ground floor. A gift to the Pilgrimage Garden Club in 1970 from the McAdams Foundation of Austin, Texas, the finial atop the dome was reconstructed in 1993.
- Grandest octagonal house in America
- Original furnishings belonging to the Nutt family throughout the home
- Original tools left behind still remain in the home
- Beautiful walking grounds
- National Historical Landmark
- Owned and beautifully maintained by the Pilgrimage Garden Club